July Meeting Minutes
July 12, 2014
Posted by on
July 16 – Jeff
July 23 – Jason
July 30 – John
August 6 – David
- Coral Gables Zone Net on Wednesday 7pm usually on 147.150 (+) pi 94.8. Main net will be on the 146.760 until further notice.
- Remember, Net Controls must check into the Wednesday night Main Net at 7:30pm to give the Net count to the Main Net Control operator when he/she asks for Coral Gables
- Please email net report to Jeff
- Please remember to follow back-up procedures if the primary person does not show.
- Current Copy of License/ARRL Training Certificates – Jeff must have from everyone. Please make sure to keep your personal information updated with Jeff and Lissette including amateur license and any training certificates.
- ID Cards – Any problems? Call Martha 305-460-5424. Justin and John pending at this point.
- Farmers Market
- Shirt updates – Will be about $20 a piece. We may be able to get them with a pocket.
Nice kit updates
- Switching to the new trickle chargers. Takes a longer time to charge the batteries with these chargers, but are smaller. We are rebuilding and replenishing the kits.
- Status of147.150 – Running just fine.
- Trailer update – Trailer is in good shape.
- First Aid training scheduled for the August meeting. Bring $10 for supplies and cards.
Continuing Education – Online FEMA Courses
- http://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/crslist.asp – FEMA Website
- www.gablesraces.com – Coral Gables ARES/RACES Website
- All Active Members of the Coral Gables ARES/RACES team must have IS 100 and 700. IS 200 and 800 are optional, but are highly encouraged.
- When you receive your certificate, please make a copy and hive it to Jeff for placement in your file.
- Members may take as many of the online FEMA courses as they wish beyond the required ones for membership. All of the courses are free and easily reached through the able website addresses.
- Kayak Challenge – September 13
- EBC Speedway Freedom Ride – October 19
- Any Community events coming up?